Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Colorado Women's Open: Round 1

Man, what a day! I started out pretty good, was even until #14, my 5th hole. #14 and 15 were both 3 putt bogeys, something I hardly ever do. I birdied #16, nice little 15-footer rolled right in the heart of the cup. #17 and #18 were both 3-putt-bogeys. At this point, I'm ready to throw my putter in the marsh, but I would never, but I usually putt well and today was a unfortunate exception.

Thank god, I made the turn because things took a turn for the better. I birdied #1 and #3 with a chip-in and a really short putt. Kept it steady until my 17th hole, #8. Made a bad swing and short-sided myself. Had a great chip but unfortunately had too many putts.

Overall though, I feel good about it, I mean a couple missed putts but hit the ball very well. Ended up with a +3, 75. I worked on my pace for awhile after the round and made sure I made a bunch of little putts before I left. Feel really good about tomorrow. My swing is right where it needs to be. Plus, my coach Eli is caddying tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment