Friday, June 18, 2010

Tate & Lyle Players Championship: Round 2

Today I teed off at 9:40am off #10 with the same group. My front nine was decent. Two birdies coupled with two bogeys. One a three-putt-bogey where I missed a short one. My birdies were solid. I made the exact same putt I had on #11 yesterday. Yesterday the hole was where my ball was today and yesterday my ball was the hole today! I knew the read just had to hit it with the right speed. Awesome. Dominated the hole I tripled yesterday. Love getting that revenge on a hole. Ha. Overall, a solid front. On the turn, my caddy disappeared and I had to run and find her! I got back to the tee- which had a little gallery and hit is sooo far right into the trees. I wasn't worried though, I am a certified escape artist! :) We got up to the ball, and it was a good lie just had to take it under this first tree and over the second. Had a pitching wedge in my hand and about 125 yards to the pin. Easy right? Haha. Well, the ball hit at the front of the green and rolled up to 2-feet. I think that made my caddy feel better!

Played my back nine very well until #4, 5, 6. Went bogey-bogey-bogey. Missed a short birdie, 6' that broke a foot left on the edge, one more rotation and it was in.

Overall, things were good again. Followed an okay round yesterday with a little better round today. If my mistakes are minimized, those birdies shine through and it turns into a pretty good day. I am frustrated to miss the cut, which was at +1, but I am improving every week. Can't ask for more than that?!

On another note, there was a heat index of 103* today! It was so hot. Pretty sure I lost some weight sweating! Glad my caddy made it too, she was a champion! It was fantastic to have her on the bag [also my host mom for the week].

These next two days I will be putting in a lot of time chipping and putting. My chipping needs work and they have some great greens here to get in some good time. I will also be spending ample amounts of time in the gym. I see it as punishment for missing the cut, however it just gets me in better shape! :) Hoping to prepare better than anyone for the next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment