Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Heading East

Man, it was a loooong two days in the car from Colorado. I covered 1,280 miles in 20ish hours. Stopped in Cedar Rapids, Iowa to stay with Bob, Terri, and Kimmy, my friend Jasi's host family! It was amazing to meet them and have them open up their home for a night.

Jasi and I took off for Mason on Monday. The drive was incredibly boring [my drive on Sunday through Nebraska was worse though, haha] and we really struggled getting to Mason without a stop for a nap. We made our lunch stop extra long for a break!

I met my family for this week and they are awesome! I have been incredibly lucky - and I say lucky because some girls have very bad experiences with host families - this year. They have two cute kids, ages 5 and 2. I have played some games of Memory and Guess Who. It has been really fun, and I have realized my Memory skills have definitely deteriorated over the years. I'm not happy about this! Maybe this week will help keep them sharper.

I have already played two days of practice rounds, 36 holes, and will most likely just practice tomorrow. The course is nothing really special. It's very straight forward. Some tee shots have to be placed in one exact spot. The greens aren't too fast, but they are rolling nicely. I'm hitting my irons well just like I did last week so I expect that will lead to a lot of birdies!

So far, my week has been awesome. I've found your week will be what you make it. I am just trying to live everyday like my dreams are coming true and basically that is what everyday is to me.

Tomorrow I am just practicing. Going to work on getting better feel on the greens, maybe some putting games, then work on my driving accuracy a little bit. Possibly go out for some holes on the back nine.

I off to bed now, gotta get used to waking up early! I am teeing it at 7:30a off #10 on Friday. You can follow here and the live scoring link is in the top right corner of the home page.

No comments:

Post a Comment