Sunday, June 27, 2010

City of Hammond: Round 3

I got to the course, all warmed up, 10 min to go before my tee time and the horn blew. God forbid we go through a tournament without rain or wind! Well, we got both today! The rain came, just in time to watch Germany v. England in the clubhouse. England played horrible but Germany got it done!

We had a three hour delay, and it poured like no tomorrow! There was a water fall coming off #10's green! We were all a little skeptical on how this course would drain. Sadly, we know how many courses drain! This one was good though. Thank goodness because we wouldn't have been able to play lift-clean-and-place because players had already gotten through some holes. Well we got through about three holes, and the WIND KICKED UP! Holy cow was it windy! I was playing alright in it. We got to #18 and it was playing dead into the wind. Just to give you an idea of the wind, it always blows, we're in Chicago for cryin' out loud, but this hole, played down wind yesterday and I hit driver-gap wedge, and today I hit driver-5wood. Quite the difference! Anyway, things were going well until my fourteenth hole where I hit my layup shot on this par-5 slightly right, and I'm pretty positive the volunteer that was over there picked up the ball. I saw the guy over there react to something, and I almost yelled fore, but he looked like he saw it coming. I got over there and a caddy had us looking in a different place. I asked the volunteer if he saw a ball come in and he said no. Well five minutes go by and nothing so I had to go hit again, and I hit it very similar, straighter this time and the distance it went was right next to that volunteer, no where near the patch of native everyone was looking. I made my double and went onto the next tee. Hate to say that a volunteer might have picked it up but I looked all around where I thought it landed and it was no where to be found. I didn't hit it that far off line either. Anyway, stuff like that happens, so just kept playing. After some mistakes on the next two holes, and a dead into the wind #18, I was ready for bed.

It was a good first two days, and a hard last day. I hit the ball well today but just couldn't get anything to drop. I had a lot of chances and was really mentally strong, but sometimes things just don't go your way.

Headed to Cincinnati, OH tomorrow to stay with some friends and then onto London, KY for my fifth tournament in five weeks. Ready for a break, but still have some work to do! Glad to be goin to the south. No place like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment