Thursday, June 3, 2010

Colorado Women's Open: Round 2

I felt so good all day. Had a nice, late tee time, love those. Eli caddied today so it was awesome to have him on the bag because he knows the quirks of Green Valley Ranch. We started off good, trying to get some pace and confidence built up on those greens. Made some clutch pars on #4 and #5. Nice little birdie on #7. Made the turn in -1. Always a good score out there.

Kept it steady until #14 when an errant drive forced a punch out and a tricky putt led to bogey. No big deal. Had a great 60' 2-putt on #15. 16, 17 and 18 didn't treat me too well. Wind was really kicking up on #16 and had a tough approach. Unfortunately, I didn't get up and down, but stayed positive. We got to the tee on #17 and the wind was slightly with us but not too much. I swung my 170 club and it should have been perfect but it hit the back of the green on the down slope and kicked into the hazard. Whatever. Stuff happens. Walked away with triple. Finished out with a solid par on #18 an walked off with a 76. It's funny how you can play 14 solid holes, then shoot more than the day before when I was scrambling all over the golf course.

I still hit it well but need to pick out better aiming spots tomorrow. Putting was so much better today. Really happy that it improved. Sometimes it's all mental or just lack of repetition. Thank god for practice!

Eli really helped on the bag. Really got me thinking through every variable. Sometimes one is left out and leads to a missed green or poorly placed but I felt like we did a really good job of that today. I did what I had to do in those first 14 holes, -1, and that was a huge confidence booster.

Really looking forward to tomorrow and having this all come together. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment