Saturday, June 5, 2010

Colorado Women's Open: Round 3

I don't know if anyone saw the live scoring yesterday, but needless to say I started out HOT. -3 through 5 holes. I could have realistically been -5 through 5, but lipped two putts. After that, the fun began. I hit the pin on my chip on my 6th hole and it went off the green. A couple bad breaks later I am standing on the 18th tee at +2. That corner of holes, 15, 16, 17, and 18 can be brutal if you don't put it in the exact right spot. For some reason this year, I had a lot of trouble with them. In the past two years, I have played them very well. I even got a free beer last year for being -2 through them.

Anyway, my putting pace didn't feel right again like I had mentioned during my first round too. Made some good shots on my back-nine, the real front nine, and ended well. Had some short putts on #7 and #9 to get back to +2, but they slid by.

Overall, I was pretty disappointing in my putting. The first day I had 34 putts, then 31, then 29. The day I had 31 putts was the day I felt most confident over the ball on the green. Yesterday was a little bi-polar glimpse like the first day was. I have to get used to other greens next week so I am not worried about how it will be next week. Just gotta spend some extra time on the green, more than usual, and really feel the putts.

I was really happy with my ball striking this week. Especially my long game. I was hitting my long irons and woods very well. Yesterday my wedges were right on and if I had gotten at least two more putts to fall, it would have been a better day. 

But in hindsight, I got paid this week putting extremely mediocre. That is always a positive, but I could have been lot higher on that leaderboard if my putter stayed hot.

Sunday I am headed to Cincinnati, Ohio! I am so excited to get back on the road with the FUTURES Tour. I miss all my buddies out there and the staff. Can't wait to get there and get settled.

After Ohio, I am heading to Decatur, Illinois. Three days ago, I was the third alternate for that tournament, it's a big tournament on the DFT, and yesterday I looked and I got in! That was probably the only tournament I would have a hard time getting into and I'm stoked I got into it. Never fun to have an off week when you don't want it!

I'll be checking back in in a couple days or so. Now, I have an exciting drive through Nebraska and Iowa to look forward to...NOT. Just kidding. Always excited for a new adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment