Saturday, June 26, 2010

City of Hammond Classic: Round 2

Teed off in the afternoon. Loved being able to sleep in and watch some World Cup! Played with one of my friends Laura. Started a little shaky. Had a bad three-putt right out of the gates and missed some birdies, but it was a little breezy and I was playing steady. There were tons of birdies out there so I stayed patient. My game-plan for the week was to attack the pins, not be so aggressive off the tee. So I hit 5wood around that course and played pretty well. I got to my seventh hole, #16, and had a great second shot (par-5) and was left with about seven yards to the green. I hit a great chip, even knew I was gonna make it just because it set up so well, and chipped in for eagle. Kept it steady until the back, missing some birdies but staying patient, and made another birdie on my thirteenth hole, #4. Overall it was a decent day, it could have been a lot better though. Some of my putts were burning edges but to have them close to the hole was at least positive.

I didn't even practice after my round, of course it was like 8pm, but I hustled home to watch the US game. What a waste though. I was so excited, I thought we were at least gonna give it a fight, and we did, but wow how many chances came and went. It was the longest two hours of my life. So bummed, but I gotta do some work tomorrow!! Can't wait to get after it. Tee it at 9:35pm off #10.

No comments:

Post a Comment