Friday, June 25, 2010

City of Hammond Classic: Round 1

I teed off this morning at 8:30a with my good friend Emma and new friend Hannah. We had an awesome group chatting all day and joking. I got off to a rough start, missing two birdies on the first two holes then having to chip from the right side of the fairway to the left for a shot to the green. Ha, yeah weird right? It was windy today and slightly deceiving. Some poor club selections led to some bogeys and nothing fell on the front.

Made the turn and played smart golf. Left driver in the bag almost the entire back nine, hit it on two holes. I played the wind in my favor and made some putts. The back nine here at Lost Marsh, is played around a huge lake. The front doesn't surround it quite like the back does so it's all about placement. Missed some birdies on the back, but had some awesome up and downs. Very pleased with that.

Got done and hit some putts. At that point it was 2:30p so I decided to leave. Headed to the gym after watching the Brasil v. Portugal game and hung out by my lonesome all night. Our hosts Rich and Lucy were cart drivers for the tournament and they rode 36 holes so I'm sure they were beat when they got home at 9pm!

I peg it tomorrow at 2:20 with my friend Laura. Always fun playing with her! Hope those nasty Illinois storms stay away!!

No comments:

Post a Comment