Thursday, June 17, 2010

Tate & Lyle Players Championship: Round 1

First of all, I teed off at 3:10pm. One might wonder what the heck we do until then. Well, thanks to eastern standard time, I woke up at 7a. Just in time to watch all of the World Cup games! This was exciting for me, as my boyfriend is obsessed and I love talking some footy with him. I picked Argentina or Brazil to win it all, he has England or Spain. Judging by the games, looks like my picks might hold till the elimination round! :)

I ate breakfast then went to run some errands. Expensive run to fed-ex to 2-day some entries then onto the gym. Got to watch the third game at the gym. Went home, had some lunch, packed up dinner for the round and went out to the course!

My first 12 holes I can't complain. I was -2 and feeling so good. I chipped in on my third hole after missing the green, the only green I missed on my front nine, and made a 30-footer on #11 after a poor chip on the par-5. I made an awesome par on #12, stepped up to #13 with honors and made a bad swing. It led me under a tree with a tricky shot, I really had nothing under there but chipped it with my hybrid and it went just to the edge of the tree. Tough walking off the green with a triple, but stuff like that happens. It doesn't bother me because I know I can get back in it with some birdies. The next hole, the par-5, I left my birdie putt on the edge. Tough one, it was goin' in. Next hole short, down-wind, par-4, had a great drive and put myself about 20 feet below the hole. Nestled it up there nicely and tapped in. Ended up finishing bogey-bogey. Two putts that weren't tough. Had my last putt in the bag, when it horseshoed. I wanted to vomit but had tap it in.

Overall, there were some good things happening. I was sitting very comfortably at -2, attacking the golf course and not letting up. That is a big positive. My putts were coming off the face like gold. Very pleased with that. With the exception of two putts I putted solid for hardly anything going in. Ball striking was great overall, hit some awesome shots and very consistent despite a temperamental driver.

Onto the next day...

No comments:

Post a Comment