Saturday, May 1, 2010

Texas Hill Country Classic: Day 2

Today didn't start off the best. My front nine I was battling a little bit of nerves and trying to get comfortable out there. I missed some putts early and did my best to stay patient. It is really a thinkers golf course and you have to execute the right shot at the right time. If not, you could be left with a tall order for par. I finally shook whatever was buggin me on #11 and started playing some golf! I made some pars, but struggled to come back with some birdies. I had a lot of chances like I did yesterday on my back, the real front, nine but they just weren't dropping. I made some clutch up and downs coming down the stretch. Overall, I played 27 good holes. I was only +1 in those 27 holes. I am happy about that. Last week, I had only 9 good holes to really look at and say I played well. Golf is all about consistency and I find myself improving every week. It's important to keep perspective and realize this is only my second professional tournament on a new tour. Things are different but I find myself adapting quite well and overall it has been great. It's just another baby step in the right direction. Can't ask for more than that. Baby steps are usually the start to a great leap.

I have a week off then back at it in Leawood, Kansas.
{Laura Bavaird and I before our 2nd round}

No comments:

Post a Comment