Friday, April 30, 2010

Texas Hill Country Classic: Day 1

Today went pretty well! I got off to a great start with a birdie. We played through a mist the entire front 9 which was refreshing...sort of. It stopped after about 12 holes, then the sun came out and the steam room started! It was humid. My back 9 went really well. I played so solid until our 16th hole where I nuked a pitching wedge over the green into the hazard. I had to drop with the grain going away from me, about a 30 yard pitch from the back of the green. All I could see was the flagstick and I put it to 1'! I tapped it in and continued on my way. I had so many looks at birdie on the back 9 which is a way you make more birdies! I bogeyed my 17th hole; had some sand trouble but then came back strong with a birdie [tap in :)] on #18! Great way to end a really solid day.

Can't wait to get back out there tomorrow. I tee off at 12:40 off #10. This golf course is so solid.

No comments:

Post a Comment