Friday, May 7, 2010

Ft. Worth , TX


I have been here during my 'off' week. We wrapped up in San Antonio and I drove up to Ft. Worth on Sunday. I have been staying with an old friend and we have had a blast together!

I have had the chance to play some awesome courses here: Shady Oaks Country Club--  home course of the legend Ben Hogan; Mira Vista Country Club-- home to the 2004 US Girls Junior Amateur Championship and Fossil Creek Golf Club-- where Tiger Woods evidentally filmed a Nike commerical trying to hit it on the green in one on a par four with a lake on the right. Members tell me he took six takes to get it on. I played Fossil Creek with comedian Carl LaBove, who is hilarious by the way. We are probably going to play there tomorrow too. There is nothing better than a great golf course with great company!

I have been catching some workouts here and there. The other day I ran some mileage down the Trinity River which is to the north of Colonial CC so I tried to sneak a peak. Looks awesome. The PGA tournament is there in two weeks.

Other than that, its been pretty relaxing. However, my golf excursions usually take all day so by that time I'm tired anyway! Ft. Worth has been a really cool place to explore and hang out. It is really laid back but still has a little Texas twang. :)

I'll be packing up here on Monday and moving on up to Kansas City where our tournament week will start on Tuesday. Tournament is Friday - Sunday. After that, its a 10 hour trek back home for some regrouping and more touranments.

Thanks for checking in!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for coming out Rachel, glad you enjoyed the course and playing with resident knucklehead Carl. Come back and see us anytime.

    - Mike
    Assistant Professional

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey rachel, we miss you at trivia. Grayson asked about you at the rec center he other day. good luck to ya. Dean

    ReplyDelete