Monday, November 23, 2009

Week of Giving Thanks

I love Thanksgiving because it always leaves me to think about the things I am very thankful for. I do this way more than just during the holidays but in November it seems more special.

I have been blessed with an athletic talent that has earned me a free education, led me to travel all around the country and even to Canada and Mexico, has taught me more about life than life will ever be able to, and has connected me with some of the most beautiful people in the world.

I have a family that makes this all happen with their utmost support and I am so thankful that I have a family that believes in my dream as much as I do. Without that, it would be a hard swim upstream.

I have a roof over my head and clothes on my back and arms and legs to run and jump and skip! I could go into very small detail but you get the idea.

Down at Q-School, I couldn't help but just feel this overwhelming feeling of thankfulness. Thankfulness, not only that I have the ability to compete, but that I was even there! So that leads me to be thankful to the members of the Longmont community who say good job, or good luck, or play well, or give your money, or an ear to listen to. None of your actions go unnoticed. I am so blessed with the support!! Thank you!

This is definitely what I will be thinking about this week. :)

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment