Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Day 3: Q-school

Ridgewood Lakes Country Club:

Today was windy! Again! Shot 76! Again! I started off #10 and played the front nine alright. Made one birdie and one par. The back nine I made some course management mistakes but kept them to bogeys. Played solid until my 16th hole when I hit it OB by about 4 inches. But that is the way it goes so I hit a drive in play and made double. My bogey putt stopped about an inch short in the heart of the cup. Went for some birdies on the next two holes but just barely missed my attempts. Overall, attitude was good again. Can't complain when you hit it in the water and OB and you are +3 on those holes. Other than that I was only +1 so overall an okay day. I really need a number tomorrow to sneak into the top-90.

Right now I am heading to my last course to play Golf Club at Bridgewater to putt because the greens I played today were pretty good greens and the greens tomorrow will probably be the opposite. Gotta get used to hitting it pretty hard at the hole.

Moving day wasn't so much a moving day but to stay pretty consistent is something every golfer wants to see. Although I am making one or two big mistakes, those will go away pretty quick with some competition and more practice. Like I said yesterday it has been tough with swing changes but my focus is on the big picture, just trying to get through the week with a good status on tour.

Gotta light it up tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment