Thursday, November 5, 2009

Day 4: Q-school

The Golf Club at Bridgewater:

Today's wind takes the cake. Windiest day all week. Fortunate enough for me, I am played the course that has absolutely no trees; links style. I started horrible. I was +3 through 4 holes then the next 14 holes I was -3 to shoot an even par 72. This is a big step for me because like I have said before I would get down on myself or pout about the way things were going but, today I did something about it! In the 14 holes that I played well, I made 5 birdies, but missed about 6 putts from 5-15 feet that skimmed the edge of the hole. This is rather frustrating but to have 8 legit looks at birdie on the back nine, is awesome. I am very pleased with those 14 holes.

This leaves me at T73rd. Made the cut. I started the day at T120th and jumped that high which is awesome. I am very excited to play tomorrow, my good friend and old teammate Kathryn will be caddying for me at Lake Region Yacht and Country Club. This will be awesome to have her to talk to and to settle doubts on yardage. I really like having someone there to help me decide. As long as I can decide on a club/yardage, I can made a great swing at it.

Tomorrow will be a great day and I have survived my first professional cut. Gotta keep making good decisions and get some putts to drop tomorrow!!

1 comment: