Saturday, April 24, 2010

Historic Brownsville Open

Key this week: The Big Picture

Coming off a disappointing finish in Brownsville, it is easy to focus on the negatives. I didn't chip well, and putts didn't fall but instead, focusing on the positives makes me feel better. Knowing this is my first professional tournament and that there are so many different dynamics that I have never dealt with and the beginning of a new career eases my frustration a bit. It's like any first week on the job. You are a little tentative. There are new people, new protocol. Also keeping a grinders mentality. No matter what you have done during they day to keep grinding for pars and birdies is the goal. Sometimes it works in your favor and sometimes it doesn't. Attitude is huge. When you are on the cut line and you gotta put a good round together you have to know when to play aggressively and when to play a little smarter. That got me into some trouble today but out here, you have to make something happen to make some money! Many different aspects play into a week on the Duramed Futures Tour and I think a lot of girls in college have no idea what to expect. At least I didn't. Just another mile marker on this journey called life.

After the second round, I sat in the scorers tent tallying up and recalled a story I heard from Vision54. Annika Sorenstam was playing in a PGA Tour event at Colonial CC and she was walking to the 1st tee and told her sports psychologist that she was so nervous she couldn't even speak. Her SP turned to her and said think of yourself floating in space like a satellite. Look at Earth. It makes this moment feel very small. And it did. That helped her stripe it down the middle.

Perspective is everything.

When I thought I couldn't go on, I forced myself to keep going. My success is based on persistence, not luck. -Estee Lauder

I move onward, the only direction. Can't be scared to fail, searchin' for perfection... I'm onto the next one, onto the next one. -Jay Z

1 comment:

  1. The fact that your inspirational quote comes from none other than hip-hop icon Jay-Z says...something. Perhaps, it all. Love you big sis! Still get so proud I cry.

    ReplyDelete