Tuesday, April 6, 2010

New Toys

I picked up my new Titleist AP2 irons yesterday from Hotstix [Robert] at the Colorado Golf Academy. They are fantastic. I hit them extremely well and fired a little 72 to welcome them to the bag. I didn't notice a ton of difference in the new grooves, especially out of the rough but it will be more noticeable in the wedges. Those won't come into play until May.

My new irons are 2* upright and my old ones were standard. The newbies are a tad lighter, and less stiff. My other irons had all different shaft frequencies and the 8, 9 irons were stiffer shafts than my 4, 5, 6 irons. Not good. They also have a .600 round grip opposed to the .580 [standard] for my little hands. Altogether it creates more feel and workability for my swing. It was noticeable yesterday, that's for sure.

What I am reading: The American Plague by Molly Caldwell Crosby

1 comment:

  1. So exciting! they will work magic..or you will work your magic with them :) Can't wait for you to get out there!

    ReplyDelete