Sunday, July 25, 2010

The International at Concord: Round 2

The day didn't start out as planned, hitting out of some trees and trying to salvage par right out of the gates. However, I stayed patient and on my front nine, had five legit looks at birdie. On my back, I started off birdie, birdie, a good start to make up for a poor front, but struggled on some of the tough holes where all you need to walk away with is par.

It's so frustrating to miss another cut, just by a handful, and look back and think what a dope I was for missing that putt, or not chipping it closer etc. That will drive you nuts! Instead, just like every week I will focus on what needs to be better and continue to work on that until it is sufficient in tournament play.

It really does get old missing cuts, trying not to worry about the future. It's a good gut check. If you are worrying, and down on yourself you are obviously not cut out to be out here. You have to be tough skinned, and competitive, and you can't let up improving, because you better believe some other girl farther down on the list would KILL to be in your shoes.

I am blessed to be here, doing what I love, and seeing the country, in the case this week, the BEAUTIFUL country. It is a very unique situation and I wouldn't trade it for all the money in the world.


A few highlights before I go:

On Wednesday, I went to do some errands, clean my car, and see Inception. I stopped in a mall parking lot to wipe down the inside of my car (after nine weeks on the road, it's pretty disgusting!!) so I did the drivers side, then stepped out to get the passenger side. Well I was listening to NPR and working so the car was on. I stepped out, walked around, cleaned that side then shut the door. I walked over to the drivers side and realized I had just locked myself out of my car, while it was running. Yupp. Sure did. So I panicked for like 10 seconds, thinking how in the heck I was gonna get out of this one. I sat down to collect my thoughts and I figured I had to ask someone to use their phone to call my parents to get the AAA number. I was unfortunately without my purse, phone, anything. So I stopped a nice couple probably on their way home from the mall, and told them what I had done and asked to use their phone. They gave it to me without any hesitation. I tried, mom, dad, mom again, nothing. Then the woman said I should just call 411 and ask for Concord AAA. Genius! So I did that, they verified all my info and sent out a truck. I was standing there with mall security (haha) and the couple that stopped to help. They wished me luck in the tournament, I guess it was obvious I was a golfer, and they had housed players before so that was cool. Right when they took off, the AAA man came to save the day. It took about 10 min total and I was on my way. Only 10 min before, I was thinking man, this is going to take about 2 hours!! Funny how that works out. Glad I was in a small town. I even made it to my movie on time.

Yesterday, I went for like a four mile run from my host's house. It is in the country/mountains in NH so it's very beautiful. I was on my way back to the house, and I see this dog running straight at me. I didn't have the best feeling about this one so I stopped. Sure enough this dog was showing its teeth and barking. 'What the hell did I do to you?!' I was thinking. It started circling me and then jumped up trying to bite me. I kicked it. Yess. It jumped up again. Kicked it again. Meanwhile the owners are making their best efforts to come restrain the dog, all were unsuccessful when it jumped at me again. It got my shorts, but it was a small price to pay for not biting my leg! It seemed distracted as it ran off the other way, and I started to run on home. I passed the owners and they said, "This is why we don't usually let him out". Haha. Really? Your dog is freaking crazy. You should NEVER let him out! So I sprinted home, periodically looking back to see if Cujo was on my tail. Thankfully he wasn't.

Today, I am practicing until my hands bleed, then maybe another run. Tomorrow I am heading an hour north east to the coast of Maine for some "lobstah". I'm not a big lobster eater, but I guess if it's the best lobster in the country, I'll eat it. This place I am going to is right on the coast, by a sweet lighthouse. It will give me some good down time and relaxation before our next event in Syracuse, NY.

No comments:

Post a Comment