Saturday, July 31, 2010

Alliance Bank Classic: Round 2

Sometimes life gets in the way. You can't expect everything to go right. Life isn't up to your plan. Last night a little bit of life got in the way. I woke up exhausted, and with a splitting headache. I had my awesome orange plaid shorts on so I chose it was gonna be a good day. I still had some work to do. I played some really steady, good golf. Made a lot of putts (thank you Eli!!) and hit some great shots. I had a ton of fun out there. Ended up shooting -1, 70 for the day. We sped around the course, having to wait for two groups at the turn.

If you were to ask what the difference was between yesterday and today, I would say: 6 inches. Between my ears. My mental attitude/confidence was so much better than yesterday. I knew the putts were going to drop, I knew I would hit it close, yadda yadda. It's a fantastic feeling! Sometimes, I get caught up in being technical, way too much than I would like, when I just need to feel the putt and trust my stroke and just let it go.

Went to the gym after I played and routinely kicked my own butt. I tend to take it out on myself when I play bad. Today's case was yesterday's poor performance that could lead to a missed cut.

Saw the movie Salt which was pretty good. I am such a sucker for a good action flick. It could be an average movie to others but I'd love it. I just like the adrenaline rush and trying to figure out the plot.

Just saw that I made the cut, so I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow. Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment