Monday, August 3, 2009

Update from St. Louis


Greetings from one of the oldest golf championships in the country! 109th US Women's Amateur is the most prestigious amateur tournament in the United States for women and I have the honor to play in it!

The last three days have been incredible! Filled with amazing food from Old Warson Country Club to meeting USGA officials who have officiated numerous US Opens, both men and women and being in the presence of past USGA Champions. It has been awesome!! I have met people from all over the world and made some new friends!

I am just killing time now, waiting for my tee time at 1:25pm. I believe they are doing live scoring on the US Women's Amateur website. I still have an hour before I leave for the course.

I am staying with a host family about 10 minutes away from the course and it is such a great experience. A lot better than staying in a hotel!

Anyway, pray the weather holds off (it poured our first practice round and they are calling for 70% chance at 1pm) and the putts fall! It is a great course!! I have been blogging on my computer in my room (my family doesn't have wireless) so I will post all of that when I'm home. Thanks for following and I hope you get to all week long!

1 comment: