Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Day 2

Yesterday went alright. I teed off late and didn't really know what to do with myself. I started off great. I was a little nervous but thrived off of it. I had an awesome group of girls I was playing with, one from Australia and one from Michigan. I had a rough patch about 5 holes in but on the back I grinded it out to shoot 1-over. There are some damn long holes out there! If you are in the rough you can forget about getting to the green! I made a couple up and downs from about 100 out and was really pumped.

Today was a little better. My front nine (the back nine) where I played well yesterday, wasn't as good, but finished birdie-birdie-par. Made three 1-putts to stay 2-over for that nine. I chipped it to 10' on #16, then hit a 5 iron 185 on #17 to 3' and made an 18' on #18 to get some momentum into the back (the real front). Made a 45' on #2 to stay at 2 over then played pretty steady until the last two holes. On my 18th, I hit into the opposite fairway and had a clear shot to the green. It came to rest in the sand and I had a brilliant shot out of it to about 4' but I missed the putt. Overall it was good. If I would have not bogeyed those last two, 74 would have been pretty solid and I wouldn't really have to worry about staying at the course to avoid any playoffs. But I'm chillin with my Australian "mate" and we're about to watch Across the Universe. Gotta keep an eye on the scoreboard. I am T110th right now but there are about 50 people that still have to tee off, or have but just don't have scores updated.

I believe some weather is coming in, at least some wind (hopefully). Still having a blast though! I hung out with Tiger Wood's niece and an LPGA pro's sister last night so I am in great company and enjoying myself to the max!

4 comments:

  1. was the LPGA pro Morgan Pressel, i think i saw a Pressel on the scoreboard?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looked at the final results. Good job, Rachel.

    ReplyDelete