Sunday, April 30, 2006

To Sum Up

As the school year comes to a close and I get ready to go home, I have a lot of time on my hands becuase of finals. My finals are easy so there's little studying going on but studying nontheless. I have been thinking about how I got throught the past year or so alive. First of all, I did it with God. By taking a leap of faith I moved out here, knowing only the unknown and God was faithful, like He always is. Secondly, my family and friends. Many nights on the phone late, helping me with papers, all of these things helped immensly. Even people in Memphis, like my new friends and Rachel, a lady who is such an amazing example of grace. I have amazing roll models here and in Colorado and to look up to them kept me falling forward. Lastly, believing in myself. Putting all of these elements together along with my own encouragement and perserverance and thats what you call Freshman year. I feel like I've grown up about 10 years. Coming out here I didnt think I needed to grow up anymore, at least not this quickly. Once I let my pride down, thats when the seas crashed and I learned more about my life in 6 monhts than all 19 years. I'm not saying I have it all figured now, but I have accquired so many more tools to weather the storms I am given. Yesterday in church I got choked up worshipping this amazing God that sent me here. I knew I was where I was meant to be. It was encouraging for me to get that feeling that God and I were celebrating together. The part in the song goes like this:

I was defeated but now here I stand claiming the day.

3 comments:

  1. Is Travis eating up your blogging time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOORY!!! I WILL STOP EATING YOUR BLOGGING TIME UP!! KEEP WRITING!! I LOVE RADING YOUR BLOGS!!

    ReplyDelete