Sunday, September 5, 2010

Tis The Season For Growth

It's tough to sum up an entire year. Hasn't seemed like a year to me. Overall, it was one of the best times of my life. To be on the road, and doing what I love and having some success was awesome. I met some amazing people, my host "parents" or the friends I made on tour. I have so many awesome memories of the year. And there were many moments of frustration that causes someone to wonder if it was the right decision. I matured as a golfer and a person, so judging by that, it was a great year. Whenever there is growth there has to be some tough times, and there were. There were moments when my back was up against the wall financially and I had to make a cut to send in a full check for the next series, and I made it happen. However, I didn't achieve my goals that I had wanted to. I know I am a great player and can do great things. I know I can win on the Duramed FUTURES Tour and I know it will be on God's watch, not mine. There were a lot of mistakes that I made this past year that were just evidence of my age as a golfer, they were rookie mistakes. The best thing about making mistakes is you know exactly what to work on to be better, and in a way I am thankful for that.

I stayed with families that I would never hesitate to claim as my own. They were so great and for someone who was a "homebody" in college grew into someone that could interact and bond with whoever came her way, and for that I am very thankful. It was a key ingredient in this year being a success.

I had given up my dream on playing professional golf in college. College golf does that to some people. You get so sick of being told what to do, where to go, what to wear. In a way its easier than professional golf but you have so much drama to deal with. When it goes on for four years I couldn't help but associate all those negative feelings about college golf with just golf. But after my senior year something happened and I fell in love again. That "newfound" independence after graduation made me feel like I could tackle anyone, anytime. It led to a stellar amateur summer and spring boarded me into Duramed Qualifying School.

As my off-season (sort of) starts, I will take those things, build off what I can and get ready for my next events and next season.

No comments:

Post a Comment