Monday, April 23, 2007

An Unwanted Countdown



I don't want it to happen. The realization of growing up has hit me as four of my teammates are about to graduate. This is our last tournament together and I am beyond sad. Our relationships have grown immensely since the day I came to Memphis and I consider them great friends. I don't want this chapter in my life, or theirs, to be over. I know this team with them on it and it is hard to stomach the thought of them not being here next year. It is a time all of us go through and I got a taste of it in high school when Kelly and Brianne graduated leaving Steph and I to fend for a state championship by ourselves. I have hope, why wouldn't I, because our fourth state championship was soon to follow. I must admit it is a bit different in college seeing as we aren't going for our second straight NCAA title. I wish. But it is something we all must endure. The pain of growing up. Needless to say, I am excited for them as they enter life after college. They are amazing people with potential unlimited and I know whatever they set out to do, they will do it if they truly want it. My last entry, the Tiger Woods quote fits in right about here. As my other teammates, three to be exact, who will be returning and I have to bring up some freshman next year. It will be different for all of us but who said change isn't a good thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment